Sunday, November 14, 2010

Been some time....

Welp, been awhile. Looks like over a year since I have blogged. I am really feeling the need though to find some place to put my thoughts, dreams and hopes. I need to make some changes in my life and just not sure how to go about it.

My family is big, and we are all very close. For the most part we all live in the same State. I love that I have such a big family. Family get-togethers are so fun, like the holidays. My favorite was always Thanksgiving. I love walking into grandma's and smelling the turkey cooking. I have such great memories of when we use to go down to the farm when we were kids.

Grandma and grandpa lived on a farm. Not an animal farm. Just lots and lots of acreage. We would leave after school and head down for the weekend. I remember all us kids would sleep on the floor and I remember after dinner the adults would play cards.

I have so looked forward to as an adult being able to do this. But, some how it has all got lost in the hustle and bustle of things. We don't have time anymore for everyone to sit around the table and play cards, or to sit and enjoy and talk with each other. It makes me sad.

It makes me sad that these years are flying by and we do not seem to have time for each other anymore. It makes me sad that I feel guilty if I do spend this time with my family. Like I am "putting" out someone because he is not wanting to be there. I hate that feeling.

I need a change, and just don't know how to go about it. Someday, I will figure this all out.

No comments: